Top 5 Economical Baby Monitors in India
For the first few months after the baby is born, he will sleep in the same room as the mother. However, it is not possible to keep your eyes on your baby all the time. You nee to look after house chores but at the same time, you need to be sure that your baby is okay.
This is where baby monitors come in handy. Even if your baby is in a different room, you will be able to know how he is doing. The monitor helps you to know what is happening in the baby’s room by showing you images and sometimes accompanied by sound. With the advent in technology, there are various kinds of baby monitors which have various features such as HD video and video-enabled app. It is, therefore, very easy to know what is happening to your baby when you are physically absent.
A baby monitor has two major components. One, it has a transmitter which is kept in the baby’s room and two the receiver unit. The receiver can be either your smart phone or any portable device. The monitor helps you to go about your business as usual because you will be notified when your baby needs you.
The baby monitor is ideal for the following 3 main functions:
- Monitoring your baby when he/she is sleeping in a different room
- As a nanny cam whereby it will keep an eye on your child when you are away. It monitors all the baby movements and notifies you if no movements are detected in a couple of minutes.
- Transmitting sound to the receiver for instance, if the baby cries you will be able to hear.
What to look for when buying
- Security – analog vs. digital: Analog monitors are less expensive, but anyone in range can listen to the signal. Digital models encrypt the audio transmission, which makes it almost impossible for other people to eavesdrop, and some have a “digital lock” to encrypt video images. To minimize interference with other devices, look for a model that uses DECT (digital enhanced cordless technology)
. Audio, video, and more: Do you want to watch while your baby sleeps, or just make sure you can hear when he wakes up? Audio-only monitors are less expensive and usually take up less space. Video monitors offer a variety of options, including different screen sizes, cameras that pan and zoom, and even night-vision images. Some of the newest monitors work with your smart devicesso you can monitor your baby from work or basically anywhere. There are also ones that track babies’ vital signs, sound an alert if thebaby hasn’t moved recently, keep track of the temperature in your baby’sroom, and even make predictions as to when your baby will wake up.
- Frequency: The most basic models use 49 megahertz (MHz). The next step up is 900 MHz, which delivers longer range but also might be subject to interference from older cordless phones that use the same frequency. To address this, many baby monitors have shifted to 2.4 gigahertz (GHz). Newer cordless phones have adopted the same frequency, however, and some Wi-Fi systems also use 2.4 GHz, so interference can still pose a problem. The 1.9 GHz band supports DECT and is prone to the least amount of interference while offering the best security.
- Size: The smaller the receiver, the more easily you can carry it around the house. Consider whether you want a monitor with a separate parent receiver or one that works with a smart device you already have.
- Low-battery indicator: If the batteries run out of juice, you might not hear your little one calling out for you or singing all the words to “I’m a Little Teapot.” Get a monitor that lets you know when to change the batteries with an alarm or flashing lights.
- Sound-activated light: If you’re vacuuming or calming another child, you might miss your baby’s whimpers. But a unit that lights up when it detects noise allows you to glance at the monitor and know instantly that something’s going on.
- Multiple receivers: Some models have 2 receivers. This may be handy if you want to leave one in your room and carry the other around the house or
out back. With certain brands, you can buy additional receivers. Monitors that work with smart devices will often transmit to several devices at once if you elect to share your signal with, say, Grandma, or a parent at work.
- Multiple transmitters: You can find multi-room systems with multiple transmitters that let you monitor 2 rooms, 3 rooms, or many rooms at once; these systems
often comewith 2 parent units,and some work with your smart device.
There are hundreds of baby monitors in the market today. But choosing the one with the right features can be cumbersome. We have done the hard part for you, we have narrowed down from the hundreds of baby monitors in the market and we are presenting the top 5 baby monitors in India that you can select from.
The monitors that we are presenting here have been selected based on salient features that they have. Some of the things to look out for when buying a baby monitor include:
Below is a list top 5 economical baby monitors in India today. They are all available in Amazon India.
Top 5 Economical Baby Monitors
This is a portable home baby monitor. It comes with two 3.2 digital color screens. The monitor combines the thermostat and sleep device. It also has an inbuilt speaker which overs two-way communication hence you can be able t speak to your baby. It also has inbuilt lullabies music which you can sing to your baby to soothe him to go to sleep.
- Inbuilt microphone speaker
- It has an extended wireless range
- It comes with a temperature monitoring button
- The wireless can function up to 500 ft.
- It comes with USB wall power adaptor.
- It comes with an inbuilt rechargeable battery
- The screen dimensions are 2.8 x 0.7 x 4.7 inches while the camera dimension are 4.2 x 10 x 2.6 inches.
- It is easy to mount and use
- It has an inbuilt thermometer for temperature monitoring
- It has a good quality picture of the 0.3MP image processor.
- It comes with additional features like the moonlight soother, lullabies and VOX to help keep your baby comfortable
- It has a trigger hence you can activate the lullabies from your room without going to the baby’s room.
- It consumes the battery very fast
- The sound is set at maximum and you cannot be able to adjust it.
This baby monitor is equipped with a 2.4 GHz technology which enables it to have strong communication between the detector and the receiver. It also comes with wireless antennae which operate at a high frequency of 900MHz.
- It comes with a 2.4 inch LCD display screen
- It has an audio sound system
- It comes with a night vision mode
- It has a warning sound when you are going out of the frequency zone
- Its dimensions are 10.9 x 21.6 x 21.8 cm.
- It weighs 490 grams
- Room Temperature Monitor, Infrared Night Vision, and Five Built-In Lullabies.
- The battery can last for 5 hours when fully charged
- It uses the latest 4GHz technology to transmit sound and image
- Color LCD Screen with Pan, Tilt, and Zoom Function
- Battery backup
This is one of the most common baby monitors in India. It comes with a long-lasting battery. The monitor has a sensor which will inform you when you are going beyond the range zone. Besides that, it comes with a sound level indicator and uses the DECT technology hence ensuring that the transmission is clear. It is encrypted such that only the registered line can hear or see the baby.
- It is powered by a strong battery or you can use an outlet
- It uses 1.2V rechargeable batteries
- It can cover a 300-meter range capacity
- It comes with 5 sound activated LEDs
- It has a volume adjustment button
- Its dimensions are 15.3 x 20.3 x 5.1 cm
- It is portable
- It has a clear and quality sound system
- It has a reliable signal and security
- The battery life is reliable
- It has high quality and clear picture
- It has a night vision
- It allows for volume adjustment both on the detector and receiver
- It can pick up static sound
This device has been made with the ability to connect to the smartphone or tablet through access to the internet. It also comes with a night vision ability hence you can stream the video life even at night. It can turn through 360 degrees and tilt 110 degrees so as to give you clear images of your baby.
- It has a full HD ability to monitor your baby’s motions
- It can turn 360 degrees to give you clear visibility of your child
- It has a night vision to view even in darkness
- It is easy to install
- It has sound and motions
- It can be connected to your phone hence notifications can be sent directly to your phone
- It can play soothing lullabies for your baby
- It comes with 4 cameras to monitor your baby’s monitoring
- It is compatible with Android, iPad, IOS
- It can alert you on your phone directly
- It can rotate 360 degrees and tilt 110 degrees for full coverage of your child movements
- It comes with sensors for temperature and humidity
- It is lightweight weighing about 1.4 kg
- It is expensive
This baby monitor comes with a camera and a baby app. The monitor does not have a range limit hence you can monitor your child from anywhere. It comes with a smart feature which helps to distinguish between the baby’s cry and the other sounds in the surrounding.
It comes with a magnetic base which allows you to place the monitor anywhere. It has functions for notifying the parent when the baby cries and you can also be able to see the child. The detector app has the ability to record and store the captured data. It also has the ability to monitor the temperature, humidity and the baby’s movements and activities.
- It comes with inbuilt lullabies
- You can protect it with a password
- It allows for two way communication
- The monitor has a wide angle camera coverage and uses LED lens
- It can alert the parent on the cell phone
- It can support both the IOS and Android
- It can capture both images and videos
- The WIFI monitor enables the parent to watch and listen to the baby sounds when it is connected to the IOS or Android device
- It is easy to set up because it can be placed anywhere in the room
- It has clear HD images
- It can record and store the baby’s activities
- It comes with an easy to share data easily either with doctors or other family members
- It has a beeping sound when turning on
- It is expensive
- Mobile Tower Radiation Effects on Pregnancy
- Which TV is Best for Eyes in India – Top 5 Picks For Your Kid 2019
- Which is the best air purifier for home
- Top 5 Air Conditioner with Air Purifier In India
- Top 12 Economical and Best High Chairs for Babies
Why We Should Use Baby Monitors
Baby monitors are very popular in keeping an eye on the baby while he sleeps. The first 6 months of your baby’s life are ideal for your baby to sleep in your room. But once you move your baby to his room, you need to keep an eye on him. That is where the monitors come in handy.
The need for a baby monitor depends on the size of your house. If you can hear your baby crying you might not need the monitor. The monitor will help you without having to go to your child’s room to know why he is crying. A monitor with a video option is ideal because you can be able to see your child without necessarily going into his room.
Also, if your child has a condition such as a heart problem, you can get a monitor with a sensor. The sensor will detect the baby’s movements and notify you. It is a tool that will help you monitor
When to Stop Using Baby Monitor
A baby monitor is a great way of keeping a close eye on your child. Due to the advancement in technology, parents have a tendency of using the monitors for a long time. However, there is no golden rule as to the specific time to stop using the baby monitor.
The baby monitor is ideal for use for children below 6 months. This is especially when your baby starts to sleep in a different room. After six months, the baby will start to sleep mostly through the night without waking up. Also, after the sixth month, the baby is big enough to make a sound that you can hear from another room.
It is recommended that you stop using a baby monitor as soon as you are able to hear him from another room. Stopping using the baby monitor will enable you and your partner to sleep well through the night without much disturbance from the baby monitor. In short, if possible don’t use a baby monitor past his first birthday.
Why Should You Secure Your Baby Monitors?
If a hacker gains access to your baby monitor, especially the video footage, then they are very much capable of causing harm to your family and family members.
Once they make it to your account, they gain access to all the controls that you make use of. Unfortunately, their intention is quite the opposite to yours – to cause harm. It is not just about the digital threat but also consider the potential danger, which could be financial, physical, or emotional. Hackers could monitor your coming and going to plan out a burglary.
Steps to Secure Your Baby Monitor
Regardless of what could be the motive behind the potential attacker, it is important to secure your baby monitor. You can do so by sticking to the following tips:
If you haven’t yet bought the baby monitor, researching on the ones available in the market is the best place to start. Choose one with strong data encryption. There are two main types of spread spectrums in radio communication – Direct-sequence spread spectrum, or DSSS; and frequency-hopping spread spectrum, or FHSS. Pick the one with FHSS since they are supposedly more secure.
Transmission Signal Type
A baby monitor transmitting information over an analog signal will emit muffled sounds with static in the background. While these may seem like an obsolete model, some oblivious parents still end up purchasing the analog ones since it is cost-effective. These analog models can pick up interferences from any other analog device and thus can be easily encroached. Instead, settle for a baby monitor emitting binary codes (the digital format) to reduce the risk of being hacked.
While it is important to have a safe and secure baby monitor, it is also essential to ensure that the network that it runs on is also private. Change the service set identifier, SSID, from the factory settings to make your wireless local area network (WLAN) safer. Default passwords and login details make your network vulnerable to malicious entities.
Once you take these measures, you will have a safe and secure baby monitor. Following these basic safety tips can keep your baby and your family protected.
Baby Monitor Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Baby Monitors
- It enables two-way communication between the baby and the parent. Even if you are in different rooms, the monitor allows you to remain connected
- It allows you to attend to other chores while keeping an eye on your baby. The monitor will notify you when your baby needs you.
- A monitor helps to reduce sleep disturbance to your child because you don’t have to go into his room anytime except when it is necessary
- You can still see your child’s activities even when you travel.
- The monitor with night vision helps you to see your child even in the middle of the night without switching on the lights.
- You can set up a baby monitor all by yourself without calling anyone into your home to set it up for you
- It offers you as a parent peace of mind knowing that your child is okay wherever he is because you can see him on the display
- The baby monitors that can connect to your smart phone allow you to monitor your child wherever you are without worry.
Disadvantages of Baby Monitors
- The monitor can develop technical problems and you cannot be able to see your child when you want to.
- The latest baby monitors with add-on features are expensive hence those with financial constraint cannot be able to get them.
- For monitors that rely on the WIFI to connect to the cell phone can interrupt the functionality of the device when there is internet disconnection.
- Most baby monitors are limited by the range of connectivity
Important safety notes
- If the baby monitor has a cord, make sure it’s well out of your
baby’s reach– no less than 3 feet of the crib – to avoid strangulation, per the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- To prevent accidental shocks, never place a baby monitor in or around water.
Generally speaking, a baby monitor is a great aiding tool for parenting. It helps you to enjoy peace of mind knowing that your baby is fine. It also enables you to be flexible because you can attend to your other duties with a video representation of your baby in his bed.
Baby monitors in general and movement monitors particularly never replace the vigilance and care of a parent and has to be used only to assist and not replace a parent’s personal monitoring
In addition to that, it enables you to have some space from your child. You cannot be physically with your child all the time but the monitor enables you to be away from your child without being absent from his needs. It is also crucial that you and your child get uninterrupted sleep. You do not have to rush to your baby’s room every now and then which can cause sleep disturbance to your child.
You can now monitor your bundle of joy remotely without going into his room. Happy parenting.