Top 5 Best Humidifier in India
Due to the change in seasons, the indoor air also changes. It can either become very dry, cold, or very hot. More especially during winter, the air indoors becomes mainly dry, which is the primary cause of chapped lips, dry skin, among other health complications such as nose bleeding, sinuses to mention but a few.
According to research, the level of humidity inside the house should range between 40% and 60%. If the humidity is either above or below this, then it can result in a host of health complications. The best way to deal with such changes in indoor air is to use humidifiers. A humidifier, by definition, is a device that is designed to add moisture into the surrounding air by expelling cold mist.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they can also help relieve symptoms of the coronavirus(COVID-19) like a sore throat and cough.
Therefore, to help you maintain the required humidity in your home, we have brought you the best humidifiers in the Indian market today to help you improve the level of moisture in your home. However, before you buy any humidifier, there are several factors that you should put into consideration. We will have a section to highlight some of those factors.
You might be wondering, who should use a humidifier? Well, because these devices are meant to moisten the air, they are ideal for people with respiratory problems because they will help to make the atmosphere more humid to breathe. However, they are not only designed for such people, but anyone can use a humidifier because they are safe, and they make the air cleaner and humid for breathing.
Types of Humidifiers
There are at least six different types of humidifiers:
- Warm mist humidifier – as the name suggests, it produces a mist of warm air, which is ideal for treating flu and cold.
- Cold mist humidifier – it has filters which help to filter the air and then release it as a cold mist. They are ideal for warmer areas, and they make the air humid for more natural breathing.
- Whole-house humidifier – as the name suggests, they cover a wider area as compared to the two mentioned above. Also, they are big in size and more expensive, and they take a number of days to refill.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers – they are mostly made of metal, and they vibrate via ultrasonic frequencies. They are designed to produce cold fog, and they do not make any noise while running.
- Evaporation cool mist humidifiers – it has a wick which pulls up the water and then evaporated with the help of a fan. It produces a cold mist, which helps to improve the humidity of a room.
- Impeller cool mist humidifiers – they have a rotating disc which helps to send water via the diffuser. The diffuser then sends out tiny water droplets into the air, which helps to increase humidity.
Top 5 Best Humidifiers in India
1. Dr. Trust Home Spa Luxury Cool Mist Humidifier
This is among the well renown cool mist humidifiers in the world. They stand out from the crowd because of its high-quality, innovative, and exceptional health benefits.
We like it because it has a big water tank capacity and extra features. One of such additional feature is the diffuser. So, it gives you the option of adding any essential oil and enjoys the aroma in your home.
Besides that, it uses ultrasonic technology, which helps to remove any harmful substances that might be present in the air and make it safe for breathing. Also, it breaks down water into tiny droplets and releases them in the form of cold mist.
Moreover, it also has a timer and a color changer. With the timer, you can set when you want the device to either automatically turn on or off, respectively. The color changer, on the other hand, allows you to select the color that you would like to light while the device is on.
Also, when the water runs out in the tank, it will notify you by beeping with a red light. But it also has an auto shut off, so if you are not around to add water, it will automatically turn off.
This humidifier is ideal for small rooms. Apart from that, it comes with a one year warranty.
- Does not make noise
- Can run for six hours without water refill
- Has both humidifier and diffuser abilities
- Comes with a timer and color changer
- Can use regular tap water
- Ideal for small rooms
- Easy to maintain and operate
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Lacks mist controller
- The metal bottom sometimes gives shock
- Water tank capacity is small
2. Allin Exporters PH906 Cool Mist Dolphin Humidifier
It comes with topnotch features, which makes it one of the best cool mist humidifiers for homes. It has a working time of 12 hours to produce humid air. It creates a cool mist, which helps to alleviate health issues such as asthma, chapped lips, dry skin, cold, and flu.
It is made of plastic, which is BPA free, so it does not contain any harmful compounds. Apart from that, the water tank is coated with an antimicrobial coat, which helps to prevent any bacterial growth in the tank.
The water tank capacity is 2 liters, which can run for 12 hours non-stop. Also, it is easy to clean and maintain. It is not complicated, so you can use it easily.
It also comes with a warranty of one year. Most importantly, it is cost-effective, so it will not leave a dent in your pocket when you buy it.
Besides that, it uses ultrasonic technology, so it does not produce any disturbing noise while running. It is ideal for use in small rooms and offices. Most importantly, it is power-efficient, and it produces the right amount of humidity.
It comes with a dial control knob and a water level sensor, which you can use to adjust the level of mist you want in the room. It is ideal for Indian homes with air conditioners because it has an air purifier that helps to purify the air in the house, making it safe for breathing.
- Has a big water tank capacity of 2 liters
- Can run for 12 hours non-stop
- It is user-friendly
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Ideal for small and medium-sized rooms
- Comes with a one year warranty
· Can only be used during the hot season because it can produce only cold mist
- Top 4 Mosquito killer in India
- Top 6 Car seat for babies in India
- Top 10 Best Diaper Bags in India
- Top 12 Economical and Best High Chairs for Babies in India
- Top 10 Best Bathrobes for Girls
3. HappenWell Magic Diamond Cool Mist Humidifiers
This is a small humidifier which helps to moisten the air. It comes with a night light function, which helps to make the environment beautiful.
It has seven different LED lights, which you can choose to light your room. Most importantly, it has a nanospray technology that helps to reduce electronic radiation hence cleaning the air making it safer for breathing.
In addition to that, it has an Anion function whose function is to remove any pollutants available in the air. If there are any negative ions in the air, such as those from cigarettes, active oxygen, and other atmospheric pollutants, the anion function will help to restore them. This function makes it an amazing home air purifier that helps to prevent diseases brought about by such pollutants.
It is ideal for small rooms, and it has a running time of 4 hours. It also uses USB interference to consume power and effectively reduce any unwanted pollutants in the air.
- It does not produce a lot of sounds
- Safe and secure
- Ideal for small rooms
- Has LED lights for lighting the room
- It comes with Nanospray technology which reduces electronic radiation
- Has Anionic function which helps to remove pollutants from the air
- Helps to remove excessive reactive oxygen which might be harmful to the body
- The water tank capacity is small and can only run for 4 hours
4. SHOPPOSTREET Magic Cool Mist Humidifier
Although this is a relatively new device in the Indian market, it is highly effective. It has a filter that helps to add invisible cool mist into the air, thus maintaining the proper humidity level.
It comes with seven different LED lights, which can function as the night light in your room. It is ideal for small rooms because it is small in size. Besides that, it has an anion function that helps to reduce any harmful air pollutants such as cigarette smoke, among other contaminants that might be available in the air.
It is designed with ultrasonic technology, so it does not make any noise when it is running. Also, it has an auto shut off ability, which helps to automatically turn off when the water in the tank is finished.
Apart from that, it also has controls which you can use to control the level of mist produced. When the mist level is low, it can run for six hours non-stop. Most importantly, it is power efficient, so it will not add to your electricity bill.
This device is highly effective by supplying the right amount of humidity, which can help relieve many health issues such as the congested nose, chapped lips, dry skin, among others.
- Does not produce a lot of noise
- Has seven different LED lights for night lighting
- Comes with an anion function which helps to remove air pollutants
- Has a timer
- It is compact and portable
- Comes with a nano-spray technology
- Ideal for small rooms but can also be used in a car
- Has a water tank capacity of 150 ml
- The capacity is small
- Lacks an adaptor for fixing to the power socket
- Not very durable
5. Ansio Ultrasonic Cold Mist Humidifier
It comes with a clear bottle that allows you to see the level of water in the tank. It has a water tank capacity of 1.5 liters, and it is compact in design. It can run for a maximum of six hours non-stop when the humidity level is put at the lowest.
It has an auto shut off ability, which helps the humidifier to automatically turn off when the water in the tank is finished. Also, it has a control knob, which allows you to control the level of mist that it should produce while running.
It is only a humidifier and does not contain the diffuser function, so you can not add any essential oils without destroying the device.
It is made of high-quality plastic and does not contain any BPA, so it does not produce any harmful compounds. Apart from that, it is ideal for small rooms.
It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Ideal for small rooms
- It has a water capacity of 1.5 liters.
- It comes with an auto shut off the ability
- Has a humidity level control knob
- It is made of high-quality material
- Comes with a warranty of 2 years
- The water capacity is small
Factors to Consider
1. Room size
Humidifiers are designed to serve given areas. Therefore, before you go to purchase a humidifier, ensure that you measure the area of your room so that you can get the correct humidifier.
Small humidifiers are meant to cover a room size of between 25 and 299 square feet. Medium humidifiers are ideal for rooms with an area of between 300 and 499 square feet. While big humidifiers can cover an area with more than 500 square feet.
2. Cleaning and maintenance
The best way to keep your humidifier in good working condition is to keep it clean always. For the best results, ensure that on a daily basis, you drain, rinse, and dry the humidifier. You can follow the manufacturer’s instructions to clean it.
3. The capacity of the water tank
The water tank capacity is a critical feature to consider because this is the primary part of the humidifier that allows it to work correctly. This is because, without the water tank, it cannot produce the mist.
In most cases, small water tanks can last between 2 and 6 hours. The big tanks, on the other hand, can last up to 36 hours. Choose a water tank according to the size of your room. However, remember that if you go for a humidifier with a small container, it will require you to refill the container over and over again. Therefore, better choose one with a big water capacity.
The cost of the humidifiers differs from one to another, depending on the features it has, brand, type, and model. Generally speaking, the prices of humidifiers range between Rs 5000 and 40,000. Therefore, choose one that will suit your budget.
However, the higher the price of the humidifier, the better the function and durability as compared to cheaper models. Equally important, you should consider a humidifier that comes with a warranty. This is essential because if anything happens to the humidifier before the warranty expires, you can get a refund.
5. Noise Level
If you intend to put the humidifier in your bedroom, then it is critical to consider how much noise the device produces. Most of the humidifiers available in the market make a lot of noise, which can disrupt your sleep.
Cool mist humidifiers produce a lot of noise as compared to their warm mist counterparts because they lack a fan. But the best humidifier s the ultrasonic type because they are very silent. If you cannot sleep in a place with noise disturbances, then you should take this factor into serious consideration.
6. Additional features
Some of the extra features that you should consider include the following:
- Timer – this option will allow you to set the time when the humidifier will either activate or go off. The timer will help you to get the humid air when you need it most.
- Humidistat – this feature helps the device to automatically turn off when the level of humidity in the room has reached the desired level. Also, it will automatically turn on when the level of humidity drops below the desired level.
- Auto-turn off – this features helps the humidifier to automatically turn off when the water in the tank is finished. This will help protect the device from overheating due to lack of water.